Some high school kids skipped class and went to an Oregon courthouse to demand their constitutional rights. Kids these days! These young activists are correct in recognizing the duty of the Federal Government to protect the “public trust.” We discuss the background, plus the latest US-Canada move to limit methane emissions. Listen in!
The reading list:
- Details on the Oregon case
- Amicus Briefs
- Background from "The Nation"
- How the Public Trust Doctrine is a tool to fight climate change
- Jim Hansen discusses a constitutional right to a clean environment
- US and Canada to limit methane emissions at existing facilities
- How the Paris Agreement opens new Clean Air Act options
Please support MCAN’s work. You can easily donate on-line !
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist that the United States put a price on carbon.
Thanks for listening.