Two hurricanes show the need for reduction of carbon emissions and increased resiliency.
The reading list:
- An image of Henri's track
- WBUR Interviews a climate scientist
- NYT Possible subway floods in Boston
- Wasser via Dorchester News: stormwater runoff
- Yale: Ida threat to infrastructure
- NOLA: 600 toxic sites in storm path
- The East Boston Substation
- The Weymouth Compressor
- The Peabody Peaker
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for a building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist the United States transform it’s energy sector, over the next decade, under a just and equitable plan, that uses regulations, investments and a price on carbon to safeguard our collective future.
Thanks for listening.