The utilities have committed $9B of your monthly payments to upgrading gas pipes. The new idea is to replace underground gas lines with ‘just the right temperature’ water lines. Then ‘heat pumps’ can cool or warm your home, instead of dangerous methane gas. It’s so crazy it just might work! We discuss.
The reading list:
- The Herald points out our gas leak problems
- WBUR connects the dots between gas infrastructure and geo-thermal
- The non-profit HEET is the catalyst for this concept
- The GWSA background
- Policy Brief on why gas is incompatible with the GWSA, and heat pumps are
- Nathan Philips on the Climate Minute calling out the $9B we have to spend
- Heat pump technology
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for a building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist the United States transform it’s energy sector, over the next decade, under a just and equitable plan, that uses regulations, investments and a price on carbon to safeguard our collective future.
Thanks for listening.