You can send a comment to demand that the Federal Government allow a rapid transition to clean energy. Until April 21, FERC is accepting public comments about the MOPR rule. The extension of the rule to 2025 delays implementation of clean energy. The rule should just be eliminated. Listen in to hear an expert explain the issue and what you can do. Go to bit.ly/FERC-toolkit to get help: talking points, sample letters, guides to the FERC process and more.
The reading list:
- bit.ly/FERC-toolkit – put this link in to get to the toolkit
- Here is an alternate link to the tool kit
- Markey on the MOPR
- Meet the FERC Commissioners
- Mireille's podcast at Community Action Works
- The Climate Minute podcast talks to an expert on how the MOPR rigs the auction
- The Climate Minute podcast demystifies ISO, FERC,MOPR etc
- The Climate Minute goes down the MOPR rabbit hole
- The Climate Minute on why we need more sunshine on the grid managers
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for a building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist the United States transform it’s energy sector, over the next decade, under a just and equitable plan, that uses regulations, investments and a price on carbon that protects environmental justice communities.
Thanks for listening.