The pandemic shock offers the chance to build a new world, using ‘ideas that are lying around.’ Neoliberals built a list of ideas to be implemented in a crisis. Now progressives have a better list of things to do in the face of the pandemic.
A recent article in ‘The Correspondent” makes the case that progressives have the right policies to meet the moment, if we fight hard enough for them.
The reading list
- Bregman's article "The Neoliberal era is ending.."
- A review of Bregman's recent book on human nature
- Solnit on mutual aid societies
- An outline and defense of the Green New Deal
- Monbiot on neoliberalism. Good introduction to topic!
- Klein discusses corona capitalism on video
- Kelton's new book on MMT
- Wikipedia on Piketty's book
- The Climate Minute on MMT
- I'm pretty compassionate, but I wonder about you.... CommonCause UK survey
- Rutger Hauer RIP
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for a building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist the United States transform it’s energy sector, over the next decade, under a just and equitable plan, that uses regulations, investments and a price on carbon to safeguard our collective future.
Thanks for listening.