The trial of an activist in the Pacific Northwest ends in a hung jury, despite the judge’s hopes. Is this a sea change in the attitude toward direct action on climate? Our so-called President’s immigration ban should be opposed on it’s own merits, but climate driven refugees will only become more numerous as we go forward. Climate Hawks need to help build stronger systems for dealing with the suffering. In the US Senate, the ideologues on the right ‘suspend the rules’ to achieve their end. This is bad for democracy. Listen in.
Don’t forget: The MCAN/TAC conference is Sunday, March 5, at Northeastern. Register for MCAN's LocalEnvironmentalActionConference
The reading list:
- Activist Ken Ward faced 30 years in jail
- Ken Ward trial ends in hung jury
- Executive Orders on shaky ground
- Fredrick Douglass, man of the hour
- The Climate Minute on the Lobster Boat Trial
- Suspension of the rules for Pruitt
- Register for MCAN's LocalEnvironmentalActionConference
- April 29 march in DC
- HOW TO CONTACT YOUR LOCAL, STATE AND FEDERAL REPRESENTATIVES
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist that the United States put a price on carbon.
Thanks for listening.