The National Climate Assessment (aka the NCA) was released on Black Friday. Ironically this allowed more media coverage of the dire message. Why do we have this report? What does the report say? How should we think about it? Listen in as we put this report in context and try to understand the implications.
The reading list:
- Background on the NCA history
- Katherine Hayhoe explains it to you
- Max Boot gets it
- The full NCA link
- Is GDP the right metric?
- Shared Socioeconomic pathways
- Dave Roberts on Pod Save America
- Chuck Todd fails
- Genevieve Guenther on how media can improve coverage
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist that the United States put a price on carbon.
Thanks for listening.