As we head into the new year, we are joined by State Representative Jeffrey Roy to discuss prospect for state level climate work next year.
In this episode we covered the following topics:
- Green banking, what is it?
- Smart metering, better able to manage use by knowing what and when it is being used; rebate potential for off-peak use
- Grimsby, England and video segment on 60 Minutes; Franklin Sheet Metal part of the developing ecosystem being built to support green energy
- Building net zero stretch code opt in, pilot with 10 communities to gain lessons learned; Clean Heat Report due Nov 2022
- How it will be working on climate legislation with the new Governor
This discussion continues our journey understanding the MA roadmap toward net zero and while it helps me “make sense of climate”, we hope it helps with your understanding as well.
The reading list:
- Grimsby, England and 60 Minutes video segment
- Elton John “Grimsby” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7K3ddSNGbA
- Link to Channel 5 piece on MassSave -> https://www.franklinmatters.org/2022/11/representative-roy-addresses-masssave.html
- See the page that collects the “Making Sense of Climate” episodes -> https://www.franklinmatters.org/2022/02/making-sense-of-climate-collection.html
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for a building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist the United States transform it’s energy sector, over the next decade, under a just and equitable plan, that uses regulations, investments and a price on carbon that protects environmental justice communities.
Thanks for listening.