This week, the Massachusetts House of Representatives passed what they called an Omnibus Energy Bill. At best it is a half-loaf, where many useful amendments were quietly withdrawn. The bill now goes to the Senate. A recent report shows that many methane leaks in MA we dropped from the utility tracking list. How can that be? Finally we discuss the latest #OilBomb train. Listen in!
The reading list:
- Commonwealth Magazine describes the Omnibus Energy Bill
- MassLive report
- WBUR report
- Commonwealth Magazine: "Non-debate on Energy"
- Cape Wind attacks Omnibus Bill
- HEET reports 5000 natural gas leaks vanish on New Year's Eve
- Bakken Crude train explodes near Portland OR
- Video "When will next #oilbomb train explode?"
Please support MCAN’s work. You can easily donate on-line !
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist that the United States put a price on carbon.
Thanks for listening.