Maine’s recent referendum vote rejecting a clean energy transmission line raises large questions about how Massachusetts will achieve it’s climate goals.
The reading list:
- WGBH summarizes the ME vote
- Avangrid moves ahead
- ME DEP suspends the construction license
- ME lawmakers urge Baker to back off
- The first Climate MInute from 2018 on the NH rejection
- The second Climate Minute on the 2018 rejection of the NH line
- About HydroQuebec
- HydroQuebec and New England
- The Revelator on the green-ness of Hydro Quebec
- The path thru VT
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for a building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist the United States transform it’s energy sector, over the next decade, under a just and equitable plan, that uses regulations, investments and a price on carbon to safeguard our collective future.
Thanks for listening.