This week data showed that global economic growth and increases in carbon pollution are no longer linked. That means a future built on clean energy is possible. That good news was accompanied by the President’s ban of off-shore drilling and a change of heart by 100 of the 152 Massachusetts Representatives. They now support legislation that can help our solar industry survive. Listen in.
The reading list:
- The growth of carbon dioxide pollution is now decoupled from economic growth
- Obama bans Atlantic offshore drilling
- Two thirds of the MA House now oppose solar limits
- The case against pipelinesLocal Action, Big Result 3/30, 1773 Beacon St
- Sharon MA pipeline event April 7
- Peace for the Orcas
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist that the United States put a price on carbon.
Thanks for listening.