The abhorrent practice of family separation at our borders highlights the need for a wise, long-term immigration policy. Of course, our stance on immigration should be rooted in the knowledge that climate change will drive a rise in migrants and refugees seeking shelter in the US and other countries around the world. In fact, the acknowledgement of climate change should be the basis for all our national policies and actions. Health care, taxation, defense, housing and infrastructure policy should be based on the reality of global warming.
The reading list:
- USA Today- Family separation neither moral or required
- NatGeo- Migrants and climate change
- What is an organizing principle?
- Mayor's Conference demonstration, Copley June 8
- HOW TO CONTACT YOUR LOCAL, STATE AND FEDERAL REPRESENTATIVES
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist that the United States put a price on carbon.
Thanks for listening.