Pope Francis came to town this week and spoke openly about the need to address climate change. That was remarkable all by itself, but there were several other heartening signs- from new Senate bills to promises from China. It has been a good week.
The reading list:
- CSPAN video of the Pope in the Joint Session. His climate related remarks start at about 37 minutes.
- InsideClimate News' Begley comments on the Pope
- Climate Hawks and Keystone- take pride!
- A Climte Bill in the Senate!Action from China!
- Attend the 9/29 hearings at the Statehouse on important energy legislation
- Attend a hearing on the Governor's Executive Order 562!
- Sign up for an October 14 event!
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist that the United States put a price on carbon.
Thanks for listening.