Last week’s storm gave Boston a little taste of the bitter circumstances in Puerto Rico. We ask how the island can be rebuilt in a sustainable model, especially with the departure of Whitefish Energy Holdings. On a different island, New Zealand considers offering a home to climate refugees. Back in Boston, we consider the implications of a hurricane in Boston proper. Listen in.
- Power outage in MA
- PR Governor is frustrated
- FBI looking at Whitefish
- Who makes the plan to rebuild PR energy grid
- New Zealand to provide climate refugee status
- Health effect of climate change
- MIT "Think or Swim" video
- MCAN's tour of Wind Turbines in Kingston MA Nov 4, 10AM
- HOW TO CONTACT YOUR LOCAL, STATE AND FEDERAL REPRESENTATIVES
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist that the United States put a price on carbon.
Thanks for listening.