Increasing theft of catalytic convertors highlights the value of rare materials in the production of renewable energy technologies. Getting enough of the 'right stuff' is a challenge for a just transition. Would a repairability index for hi-tech devices reduce demand and help solve the problem?
The reading list:
- NYT on Converter theft
- Car and Driver on converter theft
- GreenBiz on metals for renewables
- Ernst and Young on the challenges to mining rare earths
- GRIST on France's repairability index
- Report on a sustainble battery supply chain
- VOX on TX power outages
- SIgn up for Lobby Day March 4
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for a building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist the United States transform it’s energy sector, over the next decade, under a just and equitable plan, that uses regulations, investments and a price on carbon to safeguard our collective future.
Thanks for listening.