A well-intentioned plan to fix gas leaks in MA has gone astray. By prioritizing the costly replacement of pipelines over simple repair, the project locks us into decades of carbon emissions. Listen as an expert explains this problem and recommends ‘triage and transition’ as the path forward.
The reading list:
- Report: GSEP at the Six Year Mark
- WBUR on the Significant Environmental Impact Leak regulation
- The Climate Minute considers "How to use your Green Hydrogen"
- The Climate Minute on the GSEP Megaproject
- The Climate Minute on legislative responses to the GSEP problems
- The Climate Minute on the EJ implications of GSEP
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for a building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist the United States transform it’s energy sector, over the next decade, under a just and equitable plan, that uses regulations, investments and a price on carbon to safeguard our collective future.
Thanks for listening.