Trump’s anti-climate cabinet picks are only the latest round in a decades long battle. Reagan did it, W. Bush did it, and now “Lyin’ Donald” will try. But then as now, people will push back against the dishonesty and shortsightedness. Many states have aggressive climate plans and cities are feeling the effects now. You can add your own voice to the call for action at the Boston Women's March for America on January 21 2017 11AM or at the Mass Power Forward Lobby Day January 25 2017 at 10AM Listen in as we discuss.
The reading list:
- Dan Farber of Legal Planet on deja-vu all over again..
- Wikipedia on "The Fountainhead"
- Buckley v Valejo
- NYT on states and localities as engine for climate work going forward
- Good clean energy news from states
- Markey to push Tillerson et al...
- How to contact Ed Markey
- Baker to hold hearings on plans to satisfy the GWSA
- Where do I vote- MA????
- Boston Women's March for America on January 21 2017 11AM
- Mass Power Forward Lobby Day January 25 2017 at 10AM
- Michael Mann can sue the b******d's
The DEP on Friday announced the following public hearing schedule on proposals to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and satisfy the GWSA
- Monday, Feb. 6, 2017, from 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. and at 6 p.m., MassDEP's Boston Office, 1 Winter Street, Boston.
- Monday, Feb. 6, 2017, at 9 a.m., MassDEP's Southeast Regional Office, 20 Riverside Drive, Lakeville.
- Wednesday, Feb. 8, 2017, at 2 p.m. and 6 p.m., MassDEP's Central Regional Office, 8 New Bond Street, Worcester.
- Wednesday, Feb. 8, 2017, at 2 p.m., Springfield Central Library, 220 State Street, Springfield.
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist that the United States put a price on carbon.
Thanks for listening.