In a court case about global warming impacts, brought by Bay Area cities against big oil companies, the judges has asked for a tutorial on the scientific basis for the suit. That is a refreshing approach, since the truth has a certain stickiness in legal proceedings. We discuss the general situation and the eight specific questions the judge posed. Listen in.
The reading list:
- InsideClimate News answers the questions
- Vox answers the questions
- The Guardian answers the questions
- The Mercury News answers the questions
- HOW TO CONTACT YOUR LOCAL, STATE AND FEDERAL REPRESENTATIVES
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must iinsist that the United States put a price on carbon.
Thanks for listening.