How should we react to the present and future devastation of climate change, and our President’s abject failure to act? What should we do to maintain our spirit and drive? While we mangle a few quotes on the way, it seems Alice Walker sums it up saying “Activism is the rent I pay to live on the planet.” There are no easy answers, but we discuss. What do you think?
The reading list:
- Insect populations collapse
- Ocean Acidification
- RI and EPA
- WaPo on RI conference
- Criminalization of protest
- On Being: Buoyancy over burnout
- Sustainababble on insects
- How to Let Go movie
- Pavlovitz: Five truths about white privilege
- Alice Walker "Activism is the rent I pay to live on the planet"
- HOW TO CONTACT YOUR LOCAL, STATE AND FEDERAL REPRESENTATIVES
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist that the United States put a price on carbon.
Thanks for listening.