GM plans to sell only electric vehicles by 2035. That is a big deal all by itself, but what does it mean for the grid? And are we building a world that will have eight lanes of the Mass Pike congested with electric vehicles?
The reading list:
- The movie "Who Killed the Electric Car?" from 2006
- WaPo on GM's decision
- NYT's Plumer on the implication for the power grid
- NYT on China's battery industry
- NYT on other automakers abandoning the previous administration's rollback
- Einstein and Gedanken Experiments
- Medium on the Mayor of Paris' effort to change the car culture
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for a building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist the United States transform it’s energy sector, over the next decade, under a just and equitable plan, that uses regulations, investments and a price on carbon to safeguard our collective future.
Thanks for listening.