We debrief on recent happenings at COP24 in Poland. A Swedish high-schooler who instigated a worldwide strike, spoke to the session. The US was mocked for touting the benefits of fossil fuel, and condemned for denying the acceptance of a scientific report. A leading US official literally ran away from Amy Goodman rather than answer questions. On the other hand, the Sunrise movement has gained momentum on Capitol Hill. Listen in!
The reading list:
- Swedish Highschooler lectures the grown ups
- Svante Arrhenius was a smart cookie
- Good fellas from US, Russia and Saudi block a scientific report
- Activist mock US stance on coal
- Amy Goodman keeps pace with fleeing politician
- The Sunrise Movement pays Speaker Pelosi a visit
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist that the United States put a price on carbon.
Thanks for listening.