The March to End Fossil Fuels occurred on September 17, 2023. We talk to the marchers and hear what it all sounded like.
The reading list:
- Primary March website "End Fossil Fuels"
- The Climate Minute on preparations for the march
- 350MA March site
- Mass Teachers Association Climate page
- RI Climate Action
- Food and Water Watch
- Sustainability at UMASS Dartmouth
- Wikipedia on Warming Stripes
- Brandeis' warming stripes banner
- Time Magazine on the protest
- Find the current global CO2 ppm here
- How many days ‘til 2030?
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for a building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist the United States transform it’s energy sector, over the next decade, under a just and equitable plan, that uses regulations, investments and a price on carbon that protects environmental justice communities.
Thanks for listening.