April 29, 2017 was the day of the People’s Climate Mobilization. It was a great day, with 150 to 200,000 people marching in DC and even more around the country. We had the good fortune to chat with people of all kinds, students from Salem State University, activists from California and Utah as well as concerned folks from all over. Listen in to just a few of the thousands of committed citizens in DC last Saturday.
The reading list:
- Best Signs via WaPo
- Best pictures from ThinkProgess
- A news report from ThinkProgress
- A report from InsideClimate News
- Vicky and Brendon from Salem State University
- Ed Markey and Maura Healy talk to the MA contingent before the march
- MCAN on Community Choice Aggregation
- MCAN's Legislative priorities include solar-for-all
- TJ and Emily from Indivisible
- Dale and Cody from VA
- Nabiya from Philadelphia
- Jen from the Southern Utah Wilderness Alliance
- Redrock Wilderness Act
- It can't just be a march!
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist that the United States put a price on carbon.
Thanks for listening.