Through either malice or ignorance, the duly elected President of these proud United States continued his mindlessly destructive assault the environment. By approving the KXL pipeline, he has re-ignited a controversy that will simmer for years. His disappearing Secretary of State was shown to have used (and mysteriously deleted) his private email which used the romantic name “Wayne Tracker.” On the other hand, we see India declare the Ganges a person, and discuss whether “Lord of the Flies” or “Grapes of Wrath” capture the tenor of the times. Listen in.
The reading list:
- tRump grants KXL's border crossing
- Is “Wayne Tracker” Rex Tillerson's porno name?
- Ganges is to be considered a person
- Are we living "Lord of the Flies"
- McKibben on "Grapes of Wrath"
- MCAN's Oldham to speak on activism in Brookline
- Other Brookline Climate Week events
- April 22 Science March
- April 29 march in DC
- Buses to DC for April 29
- HOW TO CONTACT YOUR LOCAL, STATE AND FEDERAL REPRESENTATIVES
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist that the United States put a price on carbon.
Thanks for listening.