In a recent GRIST article, Eric Holthaus describes a devil’s bargain we have already made. The competition between the cooling, reflective particles created in burning fossil fuel and the warming effects of carbon dioxide created in burning those same fuels will end, in favor of the warming CO2, as we move to clean technologies. Listen in as we discuss this new challenge. Don’t forget to register for the Local Environmental Action Conference March 3 at Northeastern .
The reading list:
- Go here to geek out on forcings
- Wikipedia on radiative forcing
- Soot and global warming
- Grist: Holthaus' Devil's Bargain piece
- Geo-engineering risks and benefits
- Register now for the Local Environmental Action Conference March 3 at Northeastern
- HOW TO CONTACT YOUR LOCAL, STATE AND FEDERAL REPRESENTATIVES
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist that the United States put a price on carbon.
Thanks for listening.