Ranked Choice Voting is a simple improvement to how we vote. It allows us to find candidates who represent a true majority of the voters. RCV is a ballot question this fall in Massachusetts. Listen as we discuss with an expert.
The reading list
- MA04, a case where RCV might have helped!
- McKIbben on RCV in the New Yorker
- McKibben again in NY Books
- RCV on CommonDreams
- Teen Vogue
- Minn, MN: RCV Explainer (2 min)
- CGP Grey 1: The Problems with First Past the Post (Plurality) Voting (6 min)
- CGP Grey 2: Ranked Choice Voting (The Alternate Vote) Explained (5 min)
- CGP Grey 3: Proportional RCV (Single Transferrable Vote) Explained (7 min)
- us: RCV and the Lesser of Two Evils (4 min)
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for a building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist the United States transform it’s energy sector, over the next decade, under a just and equitable plan, that uses regulations, investments and a price on carbon to safeguard our collective future.
Thanks for listening.