The logic is simple: A free election is critical to climate progress. A free election, in the age of pandemic, should be mail-in. An honest mail-in election requires a functioning, public institution like the Post Office. The USPS is under siege by the forces of authoritarianism. Defend the Post Office. Listen in.
The reading list
- The Postal Clause of the US Constitution
- Wikipedia on the USPS
- The Nation: Duty to protect the USPS
- How Congress manufactured a postal crisis
- Moral urgency of vote by mail
- Trump's grudge against USPS (Can you say Bezos?)
- Trump threatened to veto stimulus if it carried USPS money
- Rural communities will be hurt
- Trump v Amazon
- NPR: PO supporters are buying stamps
- NYT on USPS and COVID-19
- Wisconsin is a tragedy for democracy
- Vote by mail backgrounder
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for a building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist the United States transform it’s energy sector, over the next decade, under a just and equitable plan, that uses regulations, investments and a price on carbon to safeguard our collective future.
Thanks for listening.