The malevolent underpinnings of the El Paso massacre include a climate connection. The links from guns to white supremacy to climate change to eco-facism (yeah, it’s a thing) to domestic terror to intimidation of climate activists are real and need to be recognized. The best response? Speak up.
The reading list
- El Paso and White Supremacy
- Heglar say it is not climate change, but people who are racist
- Huff Po on eco-facism in the shooter manifesto
- The Nation on a choice of eco-fascism or Green New Deal
- Gizmodo on the eco-facist link
- Climate Activist already targets for investigation
- Newsweek: FBI ranks BLM over white supremacists as threat
- WaPo on FBI reticence to investigate white supremacists?
- who was Mad Max?
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for a building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist the United States transform it’s energy sector, over the next decade, under a just and equitable plan, that uses regulations, investments and a price on carbon to safeguard our collective future.
Thanks for listening.