Based on a full year of campaign rhetoric, it is clear that the next administration will embody climate denialism among other repugnant policies, and will use lies, threats and intimidation as political techniques. This is not good news for those who love America, but it is a clarion call for us to prepare to defend what is good in our country. That defense is less about particular policies and more about protecting the very fabric of democracy: demanding truth, insisting on facts, protecting our fellow citizens. As 2017 dawns, we discuss concrete, specific actions that each of us can take to preserve, protect and defend the proud history of the United States of America. Listen in.
The reading list:
- Michael Moore's advice- make your presence known
- HOW TO CONTACT YOUR LOCAL, STATE AND FEDERAL REPRESENTATIVES
- The "Indivisible" guide to stopping Rump from Congressional aides
- Educate yourself: rules for surviving autocracy
- Educate yourself: Conflict of interest and the emolument clause (Video)
- Six habits that create a culture of speaking up
- Don't normalize him!
- Top Ten actions from "Crooks and Liars"
- Suggestions from the Huntington Post
- 9 things you can do right now from ThinkProgress
- What will you do to resist Trumpism?
- Darkest before the dawn: how to prepare
- Not resolutions, revolutions: Video
- The Nation- thinking about committing civil disobedience
- Globe on preparations for marches in Washington and Boston
- MCAN will help you bring clean energy to your town (webinar)
- Call Rump's DC hotel!
- Eat less meat!
- How to get involved in the DC march
- Boston Women's March for America on January 21 2017 11AM
- Mass Power Forward Lobby Day January 25 2017 at 10AM
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist that the United States put a price on carbon.
Thanks for listening.