The Massachusetts Senate recently passed "An Act to Promote a Clean Energy Future", otherwise known as the “Pacheco Bill” after Senator Mark Pacheco who introduced it. The bill has so many good aspects, it is hard to fit them all into a single podcast! Listen in as we discuss a lot of them. Now the bill awaits action in the Massachusetts House of Representatives. It could face a much tougher time there, and needs the support of all climate hawks! Join the MCAN Legislative Action Team to help out.
The reading list:
- MASSLive on the bill
- WWLP on the bill
- RenewablesNow on the bill
- PV Magazine on the bill
- Utilitydive on the bill
- UCS on the bill
- CLF explanation of Net Metering
- BlueMassGroup on Transporation under the bill
- MCAN Legislative Action Team
- HOW TO CONTACT YOUR LOCAL, STATE AND FEDERAL REPRESENTATIVES
- Schoolhouse Rock "I'm just a bill"
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist that the United States put a price on carbon.
Thanks for listening.