ClimateX is a proposal to provide a tailored path toward a large selection of on-line higher-ed courses on global warming. The mentoring is targeted at the specific interests of individual Climate Hawks. This customization is designed to help anyone with an internet connection to learn what they need to know in order to pursue their career and activism goals. Listen is as we explore MOOCs (Massive open online courses) and “Recommenders” with the idea’s creators, Rajesh Kasturirangan and Dave Damm-Luhr. If you like what you hear, sign up to vote for ClimateX in the Climate CoLab idea competition. Here is what to do:
- Register with the Climate CoLab.
- Once you have a CoLab account, go to the ClimateX page.
- On the ClimateX page, click the big blue button in the upper right that says "Vote."
The deadline is April 22, so act now!
The reading list:
- MIT's Center for Collective Intelligence
- The ClimateCoLab
- Climate CoLab idea competition
- A description of the idea
- What is a MOOC, anyway?
- Where you go when you google EdX and search for climate
- Digital Green
Please support MCAN’s work. You can easily donate on-line !
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist that the United States put a price on carbon.
Thanks for listening.