It turns out that those hot humid August days are great opportunities to take climate action. We talk with an expert about how to cut carbon emissions and save money, by participating in Green Energy Consumer Alliance's "Shave the Peak" program. It is free and will make you feel better about the heat.
The reading list:
- Green Energy Consumers home page
- Link to deep dive webinar on peaker pollution July 29
- Learn more and sign up for the "Shave the Peak" program
- A Climate Minute Explainer on "What is a Peaker Plant?"
- RI Public Radio on Shaving the Peak
- US News on June heat wave
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for a building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist the United States transform it’s energy sector, over the next decade, under a just and equitable plan, that uses regulations, investments and a price on carbon to safeguard our collective future.
Thanks for listening.