Peabody residents are rapidly learning about the dirty gas powered peaker plant proposal. (Google “2015A”.) Listen is as one longtime resident describes what it would mean for the area along with what she (and you) can do about it. For example, you can attend Breathe Clean North Shore’s zoom meeting on 5/25/21.
The reading list:
- BREATHE CLEAN NORTH SHORE homepage
- BreatheCleanNS Facebook page- meeting signup here!
- Follow on Twitter @BreatheCleanNS
- Read Smoller's update in the MCAN April/May newsletter
- MCAN on Clean The Peak
- WBUR reports MMWEC's request for a pause in the DPU proceedings
- Salem News reports Doctor's letter of concern
- Donate to MCAN's Peabody Peaker Legal Fund
- DPU sets June 15 date for further hearings
- See all legal documents for the Peaker- search for docket number 21-29
- MCAN FAQ on the peaker
- MA DOER Clean Peak Energy Standard
- Green Energy Consumers "Shave the Peak" program- you can participate!
- Community Action Works Home
- The Climate Minute podcast interviews Sarah Dooling on the April 26 DPU hearing
- Climate Minute Podcast explainer: what is a peaker plant? April 25 2021
- Climate Minute Podcast interviews Sarah Dooling on the Peabody Peaker April 10 2021
- Take Action
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for a building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist the United States transform it’s energy sector, over the next decade, under a just and equitable plan, that uses regulations, investments and a price on carbon to safeguard our collective future.
Thanks for listening.