The industrial system that produces our electricity is not very transparent but is also resistant to accepting renewable energy. The “Integrated System Operator” is an umbrella organization that needs to be more responsive. We talk to an advocate about issue and why it is relevant to the Peabody Peaker Plant.
The reading list:
- ISO home page
- NE Gov's want sunlight on ISO
- Community Action Works Home
- BREATHE CLEAN NORTH SHORE homepage
- BreatheCleanNS Facebook page- meeting signup here!
- Follow on Twitter @BreatheCleanNS
- Read Smoller's update in the MCAN April/May newsletter
- MCAN on Clean The Peak
- WBUR reports MMWEC's request for a pause in the DPU proceedings
- Salem News reports Doctor's letter of concern
- Donate to MCAN's Peabody Peaker Legal Fund
- DPU sets June 15 date for further hearings
- See all legal documents for the Peaker- search for docket number 21-29
- MCAN FAQ on the peaker
- MA DOER Clean Peak Energy Standard
- Green Energy Consumers "Shave the Peak" program- you can participate!
- The Climate Minute interviews Sudi Smoller of Breathe Clean North Shore on May 23
- The Climate Minute podcast interviews Sarah Dooling on the April 26 DPU hearing
- Climate Minute Podcast explainer: what is a peaker plant? April 25 2021
- Climate Minute Podcast interviews Sarah Dooling on the Peabody Peaker April 10 2021
- Take Action
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for a building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist the United States transform it’s energy sector, over the next decade, under a just and equitable plan, that uses regulations, investments and a price on carbon to safeguard our collective future.
Thanks for listening.